Mary Rider Room - Second Floor King Waterfront Room in St. Michaels
The Mary Rider Room sits on the second floor of the Main House, overlooking the Higgins Yacht Yard & Marina on St. Michaels Harbor. Its corner location provides a broad, elevated view of the boats, docks, and activity along the waterfront.
Inside, the room has a king-size bed with fresh linens, pillows, and a duvet. The private en suite bathroom includes a large walk-in shower, fresh towels, plush robes, makeup-removing cloths, a hair dryer, and complimentary toiletries.
The room sleeps two guests and combines a king bed with an elevated view over the marina and St. Michaels Harbor.
Room Details
- King-size bed
- Second-floor corner location
- Elevated view of St. Michaels Harbor
- In the historic Main House
- Private en suite bathroom
- Large walk-in shower
- Fresh towels and complimentary toiletries
- Plush robes
- Hair dryer
- Mini refrigerator with freezer compartment
- Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
- USB charging ports
- Smart television
- Complimentary fiber-optic Wi-Fi
- Sleeps up to two guests
- Double occupancy only
- Not pet-friendly
Guests traveling with a dog may prefer the Island Bird, Lark, or Magic suites.
Same-day reservations are not available online. Please call the inn for help with a last-minute stay.
Located next to the Higgins Yacht Yard & Marina. Marina access is available, with boat slips offered by prior arrangement
A View Over the Marina
The Mary Rider Room’s second-floor windows look down toward the docks and across St. Michaels Harbor. Guests can watch boats arrive and depart, see activity around the marina, and follow the changing light on the water throughout the day.
Among the rooms in the Main House, Mary Rider offers the most elevated and expansive waterfront view.
The Story of Mary Rider
The room is named for Mary Rider, a Chesapeake Bay log canoe built on Tilghman Island, Maryland, in 1877.
Captain Green found the canoe washed ashore on Fogg Beach in St. Michaels in 1917 and named her after one of his daughters. He was the great-great-grandfather of Jon Clarke, owner of Log Canoe Inn and Higgins Yacht Yard.
The last documented race of Mary Rider took place in 1948. She was retired sometime afterward and was reportedly left on Fogg Beach, the same shoreline where Captain Green had originally found her.
Her story ties the room’s setting at the marina to the boatbuilding and sailing history of St. Michaels and the Chesapeake Bay.








